Tuesday 13 September 2016

The Hat Club: October 1st: Blue Rose Code


It's that time again.
The Hat Club
October 1st
Blue Rose Code (aka Ross Wilson)
His new album 'And Lo! The Bird is on the Wing' is securely atop my 'Album of the Year' pile.
Whilst I've admired the previous Blue Rose Code releases the bar has been significantly raised here.
The tin would probably read: Emotional, heartfelt folk with a gentle touch of jazz.
Regardless of the beautiful sonics there's no over polished parade here. It's all genuinely engaging: moving storytelling with a modicum of misery and a hatful of hope. My album of the year thus far.
And Ross Wilson is playing The Hat Club in Beaconsfield on October 1st.
I'll be on the front row. 
Why not join me?Guests are welcome.
Late bar.
£10
As ever all takings go directly to the artist.
Why not come down and swoon along with me?
Here's a taster. You can always judge a man by the knitwear he sports...


No comments:

Post a Comment