Saturday 1 March 2014

Weird and Wonderful

You probably don't know this but I run my own music venue with Di.
The Hat Club abides within our local squash club.
We can just about squeeze 60 folk into the bar.
Tonight is a sell out!
Martin Stephenson plays.
I'm sure that you remember him from the 80's & 90's.
'Boat to Bolivia', 'Gladsome Humour & Blues' were never off my turntable back then; I saw him play many times with his band The Daintees.
Martin has just released his 41st (yup) album 'California Star' to much acclaim.
Anyway... this morning a copy of the monthly magazine 'R2' dropped through my letter box.
My band Miracle Mile have an interview within, courtesy of Jeremy Searle.
We also have a track on the free 'Unherd' CD that comes gratis with this fine mag.
And who do you think has the track before ours?
You couldn't make this stuff up!

4 comments:

  1. Nice - I will have to save up my hard earned pennies and visit your venue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do Nick.
    I can guarantee you a warm welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Boat to Bolivia but never really kept up. Doesn't feel like it could be forty or so albums ago. That's some release rate! However, for £10, I'd be heading out if I was in the vicinity and you could (boom, boom) ~squash~ in one more. Hope you have/had a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a sell out! Cracking evening with a quirky, engaging performance from Martin. What a picker!

    ReplyDelete