Tuesday 20 March 2012

My Top 5: Lucinda Drayton

Lucinda Drayton is an extraordinarily talented and successful songwriter and performer, as well as an enthusiastic musical collaborator and spiritual guru (she'll hate that word)Luce runs her own record label and walks her dog Willow and her boyfriend Marcus everyday.... Her best known song is probably 'One Hundred Thousand Angels', which you can listen to hereI'm going to make her the feature of a forthcoming blog so won't bang on too much now; suffice to say that she makes Mr Cliffe very happy and has taught me to love vegetables (that's not a reference to Marcus; Luce is a Vegan...)
If you'd like to see how Luce lives a typical day, click here.


Lucinda Drayton's Top 5 MM songs:


Weatherwise 
Because it always lifts my heart and reminds me of  driving down the M25 in my Mazda sports car to see Marcus. Broken Clouds will indeed do! 

The Dust Will Shape Your Sins
Because it makes me cry and I covered it on 'Both Sides' (Luce's brilliant solo album of covers that Marcus produced) and loved singing it. Just a gorgeous melody and it says so much without being obvious.

Walking John Wayne
I just love the rhythm and feeling.

Sister Song 
This is just poignant and totally authentic. Like the heart is speaking to that soul who has moved on to become a star... just so moving.

Pink Jesus 
The chilling context of this song gives it it's power. I think its a brave artist who bares his soul in this way and writes of something so close and so painful in such an amazing way. 
I also love the backing, subtle and full of heart.

I that hope this is ok Trev. 
This photo is blurry but it's so sweet; a lovely moment in LA just after we got engaged.
Big Love,
Luce xxxx

2 comments:

  1. "Weatherwise
    Because it always lifts my heart and reminds me of driving down the M25 in my Mazda sports car to see Marcus. Broken Clouds will indeed do! "

    I have never heard the song (Weatherwise). Would you mind posting a link/url where I can listen to it?

    ReplyDelete