Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Limbo Diaries. 3 (Lucky Limbo)

1/2/06

TJ: Pull up outside the studio to be confronted by Marcus's elderly neighbour: "Hope you don't mind me asking, but is Jimmy Young your dad?" That's a question you'll only ever get asked once! I tell him that my Dad's name is Terry. He persists "I know you work with Marcus, and it's something I've always wanted to ask you". I beat a bewildered retreat, and Marcus deciphers: it seems that I've been mistaken for Paul Young (who Marcus is producing some songs for) whose Dad is definitely not Jimmy Young. Decide to cease wearing stone wash jeans, and to stop sporting 'big hair'!
Marcus plays me what he's arranged for 'All the Way to London'. He described it down the phone to me as "Buggles meets Blue Nile" so I wasn't too sure what to expect. It's great; all telephonic voices and gated guitars, in fact...a pop song! We agree on a Busby Berkley 'spinning dwarves' section for the video and move on.
I lay down a guide guitar for a lullaby that is now called 'Lucky Limbo'. Only when I sing it do I realise that we've done it in the wrong key...we stick with it, though it's now more Tiny Tim than Leonard Cohen!
Rant at a Parking Warden who tickets Marcus for daring to park outside his own house, then off for the first curry of the album. Back to Marcus's for the first bottle of red of the album, which helps to dull the senses as Man Utd get tonked by Blackburn, then Marcus introduces me to the joys of Kant, Bertrand Russell and  'The Mighty Boosh'! Time for bed Zebedee. (I'm in Rebecca's room again, reminds me of the Kop chant "He's long, he's red his feet stick out of bed, Peter Crouch.")

MC: Guitar and voice recorded as above, a good productive day. 
Great curry, even better wine!!! 
Went to bed a happy bunny.


1 comment:

  1. The two of you should set a date... ha ha!
    From your loving girlfriend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete