Tuesday 8 November 2011

Lovesong: 'Falling' by Civil Wars

Civil Wars are a duo from Nashville comprising Joy Williams and John Paul White. 
When I first got their debut 'Barton Hollow' it put me in mind of the impressive (but rather bloodless) Robert Plant/Alison Krauss album 'Raising Sand', though the more I listened the more it insinuated itself as an emotional journey. 
Then I saw the couple on Jools Holland's 'Later' and was knocked sideways by their chemistry. If you're not on their side you might call it affected; if you're with them their tremulous energy is truly affecting and downright sexy.
For a FREE full album download of their second ever gig, Live at Eddie's Attic, go to: http://thecivilwars.com
Here's a video of them performing 'Falling' then watch the three performances from 'Later' including 'Barton Hollow', 'I've Got a Friend' and an amazing version of Michael Jackson's 'Billie Jean'.


No comments:

Post a Comment